>

Monday, September 16, 2013

The final days of summer, my second pair of Maritime shorts.



My sewing space 
After my muslin (with leather) version of the Maritime shorts turned out a bit too small (and sexy) for every day/comfortable wear I’ve made a second pair! I used some blue linnen, the same fabric as I used for my Chloe dress. So they do have a tendency to wrinkle, but I don’t really mind that.

Gorgeous view.. 

I went up from a size 1 (my actual measurements) and cut a size 4 this time.
They fit waaay better! I still took a bit out of the center back seam to avoid some gaping.  The second time I made this pattern went way quicker than my first try, also because I didn’t have to worry about plaids matching up etc. 

No plaids to match..




On another note.. I won something!! Yay! It was actually the first time I’ve won something through my blog. Inge from Ingemaakt was hosting a give-away to celebrate her blogs birthday and I won! I won the lovely Edith Pattern from MariaDenmark! 
I’m super excited to make this in a wool version perfect for winter. How beautiful is the collar?

But first I’ve got two finished garments in red that I want to show you guys, here are some sneak peaks…

7 comments:

  1. The shorts look lovely! Curious about your red makes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! I didn't get around to these shorts this summer, although I REALLY wanted to. :( I'm so excited to see your version of the Edith top/dress-- it's such a cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sonja! Well at least you already have a super cute pattern for shorts waiting to be sewn up next spring! Good thinking ahead ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wendy! I just need to take pics of the red makes, so they will be up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This inspired me to race out and buy the pattern! Can't wait to make my little pair - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! What kind of fabric do you have in mind for your version?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got some floral denim which I think might work. I'm going to put the pattern together and see what works. Otherwise I might try some cotton drill.

    ReplyDelete