>

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Two pyjama parties in one weekend, time for some preparations!

This weekend I'm actually going to have two pyjama parties, can you believe that?

On saturday my grandma is turning 75 and is throwing a big party (I still have to make some changes to my finished Drape Drape dress, which I will blog about later, lot's of sewing to be done first!).

Nr. 1
After which we will be camping in their garden, together with my niece and nephews! And on sunday Karen, from the awesome blog Did You Make That?, is hosting her second pyjama party!

Nr. 2
So offcourse I'm sewing along, wouldn't want to miss a good party! Or two actually!
And since two pyjama parties means to nights, I'm making two pyjamas!


These buttonholes turned out way better than the first ones..
I'm using the Colette Patterns Madeleine mini bloomers pattern and it's for free! Karen is using the Tofino pattern from Sewaholic, but I was too late to order it in time for the sew-a-long, so I'm using another one and I'm saving all the sew-a-long details for another time.

More details later, just some pics for now!

2 comments:

  1. Be careful with the mini-bloomers...I'm halfway through and the rise is so low I can't even sit in them! I'm going to have to undo all my elastic waist and add an actual waistband :( I can't wait to see your version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisette! Unfortunately your comment came too late :( I already had my first pair sewn this morning and they are too short indeed.. And since the fabric is really unforgiving with taking out stitches, there's not a lot I can do.
      I've cut my second pair 4 cm longer at the top and they fit much better now!

      Delete